Saturday, October 27, 2007

Nanay Upeng




I had this dream of Nanay Upeng who just passed away last month. I wasn't able to post this last month because I was so tired to do so after the trip from Nueva Ecija. Nanay Upeng wanted us to visit Nueva Ecija, too bad that it had to be her funeral before we went there. I can't remember what the dream was all about. This is weird 'coz its not so often that I forget dreams.

Nanay Upeng is the strongest lola I know. I even call her "cerbesa lola" behind her back *lol*. I could have betted my writting hand that she would die at the age of 120. If you took time to read some of my previous post you may know I have insomnia and I never have had a better companion for a bottle of beer but Jun-Jun and Nanay Upeng before bed. I missed those times when she kept the Gimenez family laugh through tough times. Although I'm just a visitor I never felt I'm an outcast simply because she's there for me. I feel I belong when she's around but how about now, she's gone? I like her funny antics even though it's really those antic jokes. She would kid around about me buying another bottle of beer for her and my girlfriend would grin at her wasted lola. For Jun-Jun, he would hug her lola like a man I know would never hug an old lady that way and then he said to her "Mahal na mahal ko 'to si Nana Upeng eh." and she replied "Wooo! Sige nga... penge pera kung ganon!" She would make the whole family laugh even though there's a power-outage and she would make them pay her by entertaining them with her "celindro" (a harmonica).
She never had a child nor a husband but even though she never had one, she still have a bunch of loving grandchildren and I loved her like my own blood aswell. I got really affected when I heard she passed away. She taught me without ever preaching. She taught me how to live life well and smile a lot. She always put family first before anything else.

To Nanay Upeng, I love you. I love you with all my heart and soul. Though I have remiss it, I hope you know it. You will always be here *pointing at my chest* and I will miss the companionship and your being just "nanay upeng attitude" . Your the best lola to your grandchildren and friend to me. You will be missed by the family.

3 comments:

Frankie Calcana said...

Aww, this post is sweet and the same time sad. Nalungkot lang ako for Nanay Upeng's family. But she might not be physically there, but her memory will still linger.

Anino said...

Nakakakilabot!

Anonymous said...

nice bro..i think nanay upeng is happier where she is now..